A lighter dish that doesn't compromise on taste
|Preparation Time:||15 minutes|
|Cook Time:||40 minutes|
1. Preheat the oven to 200c, grease and loose bottom flan dish.
2. Grate the courgette, wrap in layers of paper towel or a J cloth. Squeeze and drain liquid from the courgette. Place in a large bowl.
3. Add the beaten egg, flaxseed, coconut flour, Dromona butter and salt, mix together.
4. Use the back of a spoon to spread the mixture around the dish, until dish is covered in courgette mixture. Bake for 10 minutes.
5. Remove from the oven and brush the base with the egg white, return to the oven for another 3 minutes. Remove and set aside.
6. Heat a small fry pan and add the chopped bacon. Place the bacon, cheese, spinach and sliced tomatoes onto the courgette base.
7. In a large mixing bowl combine, eggs, egg yolks, Dale Farm Quark, Dale Farm Semi-Skimmed milk, mustard, salt and pepper.
8. Pour the egg mixture into the flan dish.
9. Bake for 30 minutes (check after 20 minutes to see if the edges are browning too much).
10. Loosely cover the top of the flan dish with a parchment paper sheet.
11. Remove when firm and set, let it cool.