Why not serve with homemade garlic bread! All you need is a sliced baguette, smothered in melted Dromona butter, garlic and a handful of parsley. Bake in the oven for 10 minutes until crispy and golden.
|Preparation Time:||30 minutes|
|Cook Time:||4 and a half hours|
1. Brown the beef rib in butter. Move to a large oven proof dish with lid.
2. Add all the ingredients and bake in the oven for 3-4 hours at 160c. Low and slow!
3. Remove meat and strip off bones.
4. Chop meat finely and add back to dish.
5. Stir well and season to taste.
6. Melt butter and add shallot, fry gently until soft.
7. Add flour and whisk until pale and smooth.
8. Add milk a little at a time and continue whisking.
9. When all milk is added and the mixture is smooth add 200 grams of Dromona mature cheddar and whisk until melted.
10. Brush a 12” deep cake tin with butter and layer lasagne sheets, followed by the ragu and lasagne, then béchamel and repeat.
11. The top layer will be béchamel, sprinkle the remaining cheese on top.
12. Bake in the centre of the oven at 180c for 20 minutes, until golden brown and bubbling.
13. Cool for at least 15 minutes before serving, allowing time for the dish to settle. This will prevent it falling apart when serving.
14. Mix 3 cloves of crushed garlic with 125 grams of Dromona butter and a handful of parsley.
15. Spread over a sliced fresh baguette and bake in the oven 180c for 10 minutes.