|Preparation Time:||10 mins|
|Cook Time:||30 mins|
1. Melt butter in a large ovenproof saucepan over a low heat, then add flour and turn heat to medium. Stir continuously, until a paste develops, this is your roux.
2. Add all the chopped garlic. Keep stirring until golden and the garlic becomes sticky.
3. Slowly whisk in the milk a little at a time to ensure a smooth sauce is created.
4. Bring mixture to the boil and leave on a low heat to simmer, stirring occasionally. Preheat your oven to 220ºC/425ºF/gas 7.
5. Boil a large pan of salted water. Add pasta to the pan of boiling salted water and cook for 10 minutes.
6. Meanwhile, roughly chop tomatoes on a board, seasoning well with salt and pepper.
7. Drain the pasta and add immediately to the sauce. Stir well taking the pan off the heat. Stir in Dromona grated cheese, chopped bacon (if used), chopped tomatoes and some but not all herbs.
8. Add grated nutmeg. Add a splash of water or milk to moisten nutmeg. Season well at this stage with salt and pepper (to taste).
9. Blitz breadcrumbs in food processor adding 3 tablespoons of virgin olive oil and the remaining herbs. Sprinkle on top of Macaroni with some extra Dromona grated cheese.
10. Transfer to oven and bake for 30 minutes at 180ºC, until golden all over, bubbling, crispy and delicious.