Delicious stuffed chicken breast, perfect served with a crisp green salad.
|Preparation Time:||30 minutes|
|Cook Time:||15-20 minutes|
1. Place the chicken breast between two sheets of cling film and beat it out to about 5mm (1/4in) thick with a meat mallet or rolling pin.
2. In a small bowl, blend together the butter and dried herbs. Remove the cling film from the chicken, an place it, skinned-side down on a board.
3. Spread the softened butter along the centre of the chicken breast and then place the sun-dried tomatoes, slightly overlapping, in a line on top of the butter. Cover the tomatoes with basil leaves.
4. Fold each end of the chicken breast in and over the filling, then fold in the sides and secure with cocktail sticks. Lightly flour the chicken, shaking off any excess, then coat with the beaten egg, and then with the breadcrumbs.
5. Heat the oil in a small frying pan, add the coated chicken and cook gently, turning occasionally, until golden brown and the chicken is cooked through – about 10-15minutes. Drain on kitchen paper, carefully remove the cocktail sticks and serve hot with a crisp green salad.